photo sarahdraft2-4.jpg
 photo h8_zps33b0a5fc.png

Friday, 5 April 2013

first impressions> Jouer matte moisture tint






Jouer Matte Moisture Tint : £29

After seeing such rave reviews on other beauty blogs about Jouer Cosmetics matte moisture tint, I let myself splurge a little and ordered it off Cult Beauty. I'm a pretty firm believer in that you get what you paid for, so I was hoping shelling out £30 on a tinted moisturiser would be worth it, especially seeing as it's probably the most important part of my everyday makeup routine.

When I opened the package, the first thing I noticed was the lovely packaging. It's very minimalistic and simple that, to me, conveys elegance and class. As with all Jouer products, the design is very easy to read, and the plastic-y tube feels really nice and seems to be relatively smudge-proof, which is a must for a perfectionist like me as I hate messy products.

The shade I purchased was porcelain as I have fair skin and that was their lightest shade. I must admit, I was slightly worried when I ordered this as I wasn't sure whether the colour would be too yellow-toned for my' English rose'-esque skin, but this turned out to be of no consequence. As soon as I swatched a little bit of the moisture tint just above my collar bone (this is how I always choose my foundation shade if I'm doing it myself as it's the closest match to your face colour than any other part of your body) I could see that it blended perfectly with my natural skin tone and proceeded to apply it all over my face.

I squeezed a small pea sized amount onto my hand and applied it using my fingers to dot the product over my face then blending it in with the Real Techniques buffing brush. The picture above shows what my skin looked like with just the matte moisture tint, a slick of lip balm and a coat of mascara on. The formula itself feels very creamy and, as with most matte products, had that smooth, velvety feeling to it. I would say this has medium coverage, but it's super easy to build up if need be without looking caked on as a lot of foundations and tinted moisturisers start to do.

I found that this tinted moisturiser lasted all day- approximately 8:30am to 10:00pm- even with my oily skin, and I didn't have to worry about shine at all, which is an absolute God send for me.

Overall, this is one product I'm so happy I splashed out on as it looks pretty and makes you want to show it off on your dressing table instead of hiding it away at the bottom of a bag. It gives me perfect coverage, feels light and stays on all day long. For a girl that has shied away from tinted moisturisers for fear of shine and just generally not doing what I want my face products to do, I have to say that Jouer have gotten the formula for success 100% right with this one.

Have you tried any Jouer products or other tinted moisturisers that you absolutely love?






11 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say you look beautiful in that photo! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that is so sweet! Although I just realised that the refraction caused by my glasses has split my face.. oh well :) xx

      Delete
  2. this product looks amazing, you are not good for my bank account Sarah! xi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not good for my own bank account either! But if you're willing to spend that amount, I could definitely recommend it xx

      Delete
  3. This looks so lovely and natural. I definitely want to try it for the summer and I am also a firm believer in you get what you pay for xx

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, this would be so great for summer when the weather warms up and you want something lighter than foundation that won't clog up your skin as much. Our beliefs are right! (mostly, but that's a whole other story) xx

      Delete
  4. Really want to try this - I have pale 'english rose' skin as well, so knowing this doesn't have a yellow undertone is great! Thank you - great post as always :)

    sassysspace1.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazing! I was wary of selecting the right shade online too but if you say it's OK for English Rose skin it should hopefully be fine for me too. Great review!

    Louisa's Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, do you think this product would work for normal to dry skin too? I don't really want the luminising one because i'm not into the shimmery effect but was wondering about this. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, do you think this product would work for normal to dry skin too? I don't really want the luminising one because i'm not into the shimmery effect but was wondering about this. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very excited to try this! I love tinted moisturizers, but oily skin doesn't always mesh right with the ones i've tried. So glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete